Re: poweroff and shutdown -p now only reboot my machine

First of all thank you for your reply.
I'm really enjoying this system.
Yes, of course.
All the following commands act like reboot:
sudo poweroff
sudo shutdown -p now
sudo halt -v
The machine closes down all running applications and apears to shutdown, but immediately starts booting again, exactly like reboot. Actually, I see no difference if I issue
sudo reboot

Also, when booting it shows
random_seed: /etc/entropy-file: Not present, which I belive is consistent with rebooting behaviour.
If I hard shutdown by pressing the power bottom, which I know I shouldn’t do, the random_seed is present and read at boot.

Currently, I shutdown the laptop and press the power button when it starts to boot up again, but I would prefer if I could shutdown the system properly.

NetBSD-8 running now is updated from the RC_2 release if that matters.

Thanks

Den mån 30 juli 2018 10:20Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> skrev:
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 09:03:04PM +0000, Pedro Pinho wrote:
> All these are my last attempts at shutting down my machine.
> Please find the full log here, https://pastebin.com/PKEtRqWP

Can you please give concrete commands that you invoke and explain
the result? Nothing in that log looks wrong. Ignore the syslog restart
messages.

Martin