Re: poweroff and shutdown -p now only reboot my machine

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 10:39:35AM +0200, Pedro Pinho wrote:
> All the following commands act like reboot:
> sudo poweroff
> sudo shutdown -p now
> sudo halt -v
> The machine closes down all running applications and apears to shutdown,
> but immediately starts booting again, exactly like reboot. Actually, I see
> no difference if I issue
> sudo reboot

OK. After it shuts down everything, there should be a few kernel messages
(in green) on the text console. The last one is typically something like:

acpi: entering S5

or similar. Do you see those? Any errors printed there in the last seconds
before it reboots?

This may be a problem with you BIOS/Firmware and it is worth to
check if there is an update available.

Martin