Re: Booting netbsd-8 fails

* Martin Husemann (martin%duskware.de@localhost) wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 05:55:30PM +0700, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
> > * Martin Husemann (martin%duskware.de@localhost) wrote:
> > > Can you please try with a kernel from the official build?
> > > Since you had (unclear) local build issues, this would rule out any
> > > local issues (and also allow us to map the crash address better).
> > Does this mean I have to reinstall the new OS from binary and everything in pkgsrc, once again?
>
> No, just extracting the kernel and module sets in / would be good enough.
I am not so sure how to do it.
I saw files in ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-8.0/amd64/binary/.

for kernel...
If I understand correctly, I have to fetch ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-8.0/amd64/binary/kernel/netbsd-GENERIC.gz, and then extract it in /.
Am I right?

for modules...
Shall I fetch ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-8.0/amd64/binary/sets/modules.tgz?
But where shall I extract these modules?
You said /, but aren't module sets in /stand/ARCH/X.Y/modules/?

still trouble...
As I can't have it boot for now, how can I extract those files on file system?

Thank you,

--
Gua Chung Lim

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie