Re: Booting netbsd-8 fails

Thanks for all your kind responses,

* Kamil Rytarowski (n54%gmx.com@localhost) wrote:
> >> =20
> >> Please try "bt" in the ddb(4) prompt and share the result.
> > https://i.imgur.com/9t3MJlx.png
> So the question is, are you mixing some incompatible modules with the
> kernel code?
# cat /boot.cfg
menu=Boot normally:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd
menu=Boot single user:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -s
menu=Disable ACPI:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -2
menu=Disable ACPI and SMP:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;boot netbsd -12
menu=Drop to boot prompt:prompt
default=1
timeout=5
clear=1
load=npf
load=npf_ext_log
load=npf_ext_normalize

And there is nothing else in /etc/rc.conf pertaining to modules.

* Martin Husemann (martin%duskware.de@localhost) wrote:
> Can you please try with a kernel from the official build?
> Since you had (unclear) local build issues, this would rule out any
> local issues (and also allow us to map the crash address better).
Does this mean I have to reinstall the new OS from binary and everything in pkgsrc, once again?

Thank you,

--
Gua Chung Lim

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie