Re: PCI passthrough not working with bhyve and NetBSD

On 8 July 2018 at 22:58, Farid Joubbi <djfarid%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> After reading it, I realize that the learning curve for me to understand
> what is going on is a bit too steep.
> I know only some basic C programming from university courses several years
> ago.
> This kind of learning was not what I had in mind when I figured that I want
> to run a new NetBSD installation this summer... ;-(
>
> I had no idea that it was so uncommon to use the BSD hypervisor to run the
> two other big BSD's beside FreeBSD until I started googling for answers to
> my problem.

You might find more luck using VirtualBox under FreeBSD to run NetBSD
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-virtualbox.html

If you are willing to try digging into bhyve a little more you are
likely to find people willing to help both on the NetBSD and FreeBSD
lists (particularly if you treat it as an opportunity to learn along
the way and not get frustrated if it doesn't work out in the end :)

I would also try booting a current NetBSD install image to see if it
shows the same issue (can download from
http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/ )

David