Re: X11R7 on amd64: Undefined PLT symbol "_XGetRequest" (symnum = 99)

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 11:48:36AM +0000, Steve Blinkhorn wrote:
> Libreoffice I have both done as a pkg_add from the binary on the
> netbsd.org ftp site and as a local pkgsrc build.   Firefox-59.0.2 just
> from the netbsd.org ftp site.   I don't think it's as simple as just
> not being linked with -lX11 because the libreoffice banner shows up
> and only then is there the fatal error.   Also, if it weren't linked

Myabe a dlopen'ed module ? Or maybe symbols are resolved leasily (I don't
know such details of shared libraries).

> with -lX11, why would the error message specify the libXext shared
> library (which is present and apparently the correct version for
> NetBsd 7.0).   But
>
> # strings /usr/X11R7/lib/libXext.so.7 | grep XGetRequest
> _XGetRequest

nm /usr/X11R7/lib/libXext.so|grep _XGetRequest
                 U _XGetRequest
nm /usr/X11R7/lib/libX11.so| grep _XGetRequest
000000000006d971 T _XGetRequest

XGetRequest is used in libXext but defined in libX11