Re: NetBSD, ipv6, and linode

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017, atomicules wrote:
Hi Michael,

On 29-Dec-2016 23:15:30, Michael Parson wrote:
While I've got some free time over the holidays, I thought I'd go ahead
and finally try to get my NetBSD/Linode going with its assigned IPv6.

[...]

Again, I get an IP, an ipv6 default route (which I can ping6), but can't
ping6 something like say, google.com, or netbsd.org:

$ ping6 netbsd.org
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:feae:c95d -->
2001:470:a085:999::80
^C
--- netbsd.org ping6 statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

I finally got around to converting from XEN to KVM and I now have the exact same issue as you although since my ipv6 access at home was broken it's taken me about 3 months to realise.

Yeah, I have an ipv6 address according to ifconfig, but ipv6 definitely isn't working. Odd.

Don't suppose you ever figured it out?

No, I've not had any spare cycles to play with that since then.

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX