Re: Nouveau for thinkpad t61?

Hello again.

After getting nouveaufb working (and being very happy about that) I proceeded
trying Xorg witch also worked \o/. Well sort of anyways.
When trying mplayer (-vo xv) and firefox both just show a black window with nothing in it.
Booting without nouveau made firefox work and I turned off hw accel in firefox which
made some parts of the firefix window show up when rebooting with nouveau.
They didn't want to redraw as they should though.
Is there any known solution to this?

BTW, when playing around with mplayer I started to notice that the machine was performing
very sluggishly. top revealed that it had over 1.8G of WIRED memory. Yikes!
It would not release that memory without a reboot...
Not sure what caused this. Was trying different -vo with mplayer and I havent rechecked what caused it.

/B