Re: Nouveau for thinkpad t61?

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 13:26:54 +0000 (UTC), Bj\"orn Johannesson
<rherdware%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> The thing now is what to do about the problem in kern/52440 to make older
> machines like this not get left behind.

That is the point of the PR and it has attracted the attention of the
developer who made the changes that cause the problem.  Perhaps he can
sort it out.

> Apologies to coypu for dismissing the MSI interrupt problem.

I'm not so sure about that.  I just posted to the PR the 'dmesg' excerpt
for an NVidia GeForce 9600 GT which works with MSI and it also reports

  nouveau0: interrupting at msi0 vec 0 (nouveau)

so perhaps that is a red herring.

As your Thinkpad has a different NVidia chip from any of those discussed
so far, could you contribute information about it?

I took the liberty of pasting your 'dmesg' output from the MSI (blank
screen) case into the PR.

Now that you have the card working with the rolled-back files (i.e.,
the "INTx" case), could you send me the output of 'dmesg' (or
"/var/run/dmesg.boot") for comparison?

Also of interest is the output of:

  pcictl pci0 dump -b 1 -d 0

in both the working (INTx) case and non-working (MSI) case.