Re: Best way to receive netbsd.org list messages?

> Perhaps try switching to IMAP? According to https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/dsl-high-speed/KM1010523 <https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/dsl-high-speed/KM1010523> , for both @bellsouth.net and @att.net
> addresses, the IMAP server is imap.mail.att.net <http://imap.mail.att.net/>.

> You can use fetchmail on the NetBSD side to download the mail via IMAP. While I no longer use AT&T/Yahoo's email, I did use it two or three years ago, and didn't have any problems with fetchmail+IMAP.

> Name: Dave Huang

I looked at that web page.  It looks like I could set up mutt for bellsouth.net .

But there is still the hyperactive spam filter, and there seems to be no way to configure or disable it.  Some legit messages from netbsd.org emailing lists go to the spam folder.

The current problem with Yahoo only started two or three days ago.

> > I visited their website, also tried to browse messages from the news
> > link on http://www.netbsd.org/mailinglists/ , got blank pages.

> Those links looks broken indeed, but NNTP does work.  E.g. if you look
> at the headers of this message you can see it was sent via gmane's
> NNTP.

> -uwe

I also visited gmane.org website, and get the impression that gmane.org is very undependable.  Or does NNTP work even when the web interface fails?

Tom