Re: NetBSD install and usage by the blind

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 07:45:05PM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 08:00:22PM +0100, Adam Thompson wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 10:37:26AM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> > > Clarifying I mean to perform an install to disk using QEMU.
> > > Afterwards, you can boot it.
> >
> > That may be possible and hadn't occured to me as an option.  The trick would be
> > to set things up such that I can install to the disk then reinstall it in the
> > box.  Not impossible, but a solution which allows automated install directly on
> > the machine would be slightly easier I think.
>
> Perhaps with a liveCD containing QEMU.

Yeah, that could work, perhaps with the iso on a usb drive or something.
There're some accessible Linux liveCDs I could use I think.  I guess I'd set it
up so that it used the hdd on the box then do the install to that.  I'd probably
still need an image that could use a serial console though since I remember the
other interfaces didn't work that well, but may be they've changed a bit.

> But yes, in the case of NetBSD, it would be easier to run sshd or
> do an automated install. (Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it).

Agreed, if such a thing is possible.