Re: texlive xelatex not working [ Was fontconfig : .so.2 not provided by 2.11.1?]

On Jan 22, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Mark Davies <mark%ecs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost> wrote:
> If there are particular texlive packages that are currently missing that
> someone wants, let me know and I'll add them.

Is there are more or less automated way to make TeX packages?  I know from having made some that there is a lot of boilerplate.  That suggests that some tool to make these packages might make it easier to get and maintain a complete set.  Or is the model just to manually add them until eventually we get them all?  (Is that likely to happen or will the growth of TeX packages outpace their inclusion in pkgsrc?)

Cheers,
Brook