Re: texlive xelatex not working [ Was fontconfig : .so.2 not provided by 2.11.1?]

I may have missed something in the previous thread or in this thread...
but what feature are you missing?

I don't know answer if full TeX Live distrubution is available in
pkgsrc, but I use the pkgsrc for my LaTeX related work every week for
over a decade. I have generated many documents (including books for
print) and it has provided what I needed. I use lots of custom
features (beyond the default installation), like:

tex-tocbibind
tex-cite
tex-microtype
tex-everypage
tex-draftwatermark
tex-lineno
tex-tocloft

Maybe someone can help you get the needed parts installed without
having the full texlive.