Re: xHCI not working on ASUS F555 laptop

Gary Duzan wrote:

>> A serious problem though, is the lack of USB. The intel xHCI USB
>> device is =>not recognized by a generic 7.0 kernel. Here is the
>> complete dmesg:
>
>    xhci is commented-out in the GENERIC kernel, even on -current:
>
> # xhci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # eXtensible Host Controller
>                                         # xhci is at best experimental
> # usb*  at xhci?
>
> If you want to try it, uncomment these or try an ALL kernel.

Oh, thanks!
I should check the config before starting to debug the drivers... ;)

Works to some degree. USB devices are detected correctly. A simple HID
joystick device seems ok. But running disklabel on an umass device hangs
with "getxs".

And when I remove device it is not detected at all (umass) or sometimes
causes a panic (uhid):

fatal protection fault in supervisor mode
usb_transfer_complete+0x3c: movq 0  (%rax),%rax
xhci_softintr+0x13d
usb_soft_intr+0x1b
softint_dispatch+0xd3

Tested with 7.99.24, xhci.c 1.32. Anybody working on xHCI?

--
Frank Wille