Re: xHCI not working on ASUS F555 laptop

In Message <47820a2c8eb.b1d47ba%mail.owl.de@localhost>,
   Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost>wrote:

=>Hi,
=>
=>I was given an Asus F555L laptop for installing NetBSD. It came with FreeDOS
=>preinstalled and looked like it could be a nice NetBSD laptop. The intel
=>graphics and HD audio are working great.
=>
=>WLAN (AR9485) does not work, but I expected nothing else.
=>
=>A serious problem though, is the lack of USB. The intel xHCI USB device is
=>not recognized by a generic 7.0 kernel. Here is the complete dmesg:
=>
=> [...]

   xhci is commented-out in the GENERIC kernel, even on -current:

# xhci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # eXtensible Host Controller
                                        # xhci is at best experimental
# usb*  at xhci?

If you want to try it, uncomment these or try an ALL kernel.

				Gary Duzan