Re: xHCI not working on ASUS F555 laptop

On Jan 7, 2016, at 5:08, Gary Duzan <gary%duzan.org@localhost> wrote:

> In Message <47820a2c8eb.b1d47ba%mail.owl.de@localhost>,
>   Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost>wrote:
>
> =>Hi,
> =>
> =>I was given an Asus F555L laptop for installing NetBSD. It came with FreeDOS
> =>preinstalled and looked like it could be a nice NetBSD laptop. The intel
> =>graphics and HD audio are working great.
> =>
> =>WLAN (AR9485) does not work, but I expected nothing else.
> =>
> =>A serious problem though, is the lack of USB. The intel xHCI USB device is
> =>not recognized by a generic 7.0 kernel. Here is the complete dmesg:
> =>
> => [...]
>
>   xhci is commented-out in the GENERIC kernel, even on -current:
>
> # xhci* at pci? dev ? function ?        # eXtensible Host Controller
>                                        # xhci is at best experimental
> # usb*  at xhci?
>
> If you want to try it, uncomment these or try an ALL kernel.

Is the problem a complete lack of USB, or just lack of xHCI? I'd expect
ehci to work with a GENERIC kernel and provide USB 2.0 support.
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 40 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++