Re: Console Resolution

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015, Michael van Elst wrote:

The other path was already mentioned, you can configure the bootloader in /boot.cfg to disable the framebuffer console.

Thanks. May I infer that this problem of an unreadably small console font is not an issue for those who use display managers to boot directly into X? It seems, almost "by definition," that that would be the case (but it pays to check as they say.)

Some months ago I ran into exactly this same problem in a new install of Debian "Jessie." The suggested fixes seemed too complex compared to just backing out of (deinstalling) the drm stuff. I did not lose X.

Which reminds me, Michael: why did you warn against the possible loss of X if that approach -- removing the drm code -- was used with NetBSD 7.0?

I will be in a position to test this during the coming week, if it turns out I know what I am doing -- always a stretch!

All best,

--
Bob Bernstein