Re: Console Resolution

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015, Michael van Elst wrote:

In NetBSD 7.0 you get a graphical console (thanks to the new DRM support) The graphical console will have the resolution of your display and use the only existing console font in the kernel.

What a completely unacceptable state of affairs! Surely there is another path through this conundrum short of penalizing us older (or, like me, vision-challenged) users with the burden of having to build a custom kernel simply in order to use the console.

Please, if I am giving this thread an erroneous reading I would like to be told and set right.

Thanks,

--
Bob Bernstein was born in 1944.