Re: Gigabyte GX-BXBT-1900

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
Yes. Also, I could write the OS to the hard drive and then boot off that. That still won't get me to a working user workstation, however.

Have you tried things like disabling/enabling various ACPI features in your BIOS/EFI, enabling AHCI, disabling USB (just to test). Does your kernel panic or does it just lock up? When it does lock up can you turn num-lock off and on? (ie.. is the device bus still working) Have you tried disabling SMP during the install? Do you get any console error messages? Are you using i386 or AMD64? What kind of graphics card / framebuffer do you have? Does it go into graphical mode okay before halting?

I think we'd need some more information to help you.

Thanks,
  Swift