Re: skirmishing w/ emulation

On July 18, 2015 11:38:06 AM EDT, "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
>[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:08am] 240 % file bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new
>bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1
>(SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9,
>stripped
>[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:12am] 241 % rehash
>[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:16am] 242 % VectorExe.AMD64.new
>VectorExe.AMD64.new: Command not found.
>[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:19am] 243 % bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new
>bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new: Command not found.

In this last particular case you probably need "./bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new", but the previous one should have worked since you have it in your path.  To rule out any issues with that I recommend using an absolute path.

>The file VectorExe... was compiled & statically linked for compiler
>libraries (not runtime stuff) on a CentOS 5 VM (kernel 2.6.18 EL) on

Your "file" command says "dynamically linked", which means you need to make sure you've got linux libraries installed.  There's pkgsrc packages for this, so try:

pkgin install suse

Which should install a whole slew of packages.  Once you do that you can try "/emul/linux/bin/ls" and see if at least that works before running your binary.

Eric