skirmishing w/ emulation

.... I am beginning to skirmish around w/ running 64-bit Linux (CentOS 5.n) Under NetBSD 6.1.5. The online handbook said that the GENERIC kernel, which I am using, is already setup for emulation, absent libraries possibly required at runtime. As my regular user (under tcsh, if that matters), I tried the following:

[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:31:50am] 237 % pwd
/home/wam
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:31:56am] 238 % lf
bin/
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:31:59am] 239 % lf bin/
VectorExe.AMD64.new*
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:08am] 240 % file bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new
bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, stripped
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:12am] 241 % rehash
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:16am] 242 % VectorExe.AMD64.new
VectorExe.AMD64.new: Command not found.
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:19am] 243 % bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new
bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new: Command not found.
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:22am] 244 % uname -a
NetBSD 4256EE1.CFD.COM 6.1.5 NetBSD 6.1.5 (GENERIC) amd64
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:32:29am] 245 % which VectorExe.AMD64.new
/home/wam/bin/VectorExe.AMD64.new
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 10:34:18am] 246 % echo $path
/home/wam/bin /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/X11R7/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/pkg/bin /usr/pkg/sbin /usr/games /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin

The file VectorExe... was compiled & statically linked for compiler libraries (not runtime stuff) on a CentOS 5 VM (kernel 2.6.18 EL) on another machine. I am puzzled by the result when trying to run it, I expected messages about various runtime libraries not found, instead I get the above about command not found. More pilot error I assume, but I'm not seeing it just now. What am I doing wrong here ? TIA & have a nice weekend.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.