Re: Raid1/LVM layout via installer

Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> writes:

> Sure, anything can be done with enough steps and work.   There, one
> installs into non-raid and then sets up raid on the second disk, and
> rsyncs the data.  So it's not converting a disk to raid, it's copying
> data to a 2nd raid disk and then copying back.

It does not matter as long as I can do it without too much pain.

Yeah, I was doing similar thing on Linux, althad to do similar t

> These days, the zfs approach is more appealing.

Is it realistic to see it on NetBSD?

Otoh, I do not mind having stable (ala FFS) filesystem and FreeBSD has ZFS,
but NetBSD brings some other advantages as well.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good
or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it,