Raid1/LVM layout via installer

Hello,

I’ve recently moved from Linux (after 16yrs) to Free/PC-BSD and now waiting
for new batch of packages to be built in order to migrate to NetBSD…

At the moment, my (main) desktop machine is Free/PC-BSD using ZFS and raid1
(2x1TB HDs). My last installation on (openSUSE) Linux was using same thing,
only with btrfs.

However, before btrfs, for many years I had setup using software raid-1
(mdadm) along with LVM2 volumes (mostly separate /, /home & swap partitions).

Now I’d like to use same configuration on NetBSD and I’d like to test it
under VirtualBox.

I’ve tried to do the same by using 2 x 20GB vbox disks and using ’Partition a
disk’ in ’Utility menu’ withing NetBSD installer.

I see there are options to create *both* LVM Volume Group *and* Software
RAID, but I do not have a clue how to do *both*?

On Linux the usual procedure, was to partition each disk using linux_raid fs
type, and then combine them into one PV, creating appropriate VG and then
creating LVMs.

Of course it was even possible to simply convert from single disk setup to
raid-1 by adding 2nd disk to the array later.

Now I have threa questions:

1) is NetBSD installer (Utility menu) capable to prepare such layout,
iow. using RAID-1 along with LVM?

2) can one install NetBSD using LVM and then (easily) convert to RAID-1 setup
by adding 2nd disk?

3) where to read more about it?

I’ve found:

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-lvm.html

https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_use_lvm_on_netbsd/

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-rf.html

but got lost a bit with new  terminology (wedges etc.).

Finally, I’d like to use GPT partitioning scheme if possible.

Any hint?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The embodied soul may be restricted from sense enjoyment,
though the taste for sense objects remains. But, ceasing