Re: More prepping to install

On 05/18/15 18:32, Robert Elz wrote:
     Date:        Mon, 18 May 2015 15:02:08 -0453
     From:        "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost>

   | Thanks for your reply. I thought that since a RAID10 is just a RAID0 of
   | RAID1 devices, there might be some hope of the boot program still
   | finding what it needed on the RAID1 devices under the RAID10,

Raid0 is striping, interleaving blocks from the component devices.
With big enough stripes there's always a chance everything needed
to boot might happen to be on one of the components, but I wouldn't want
to count on it.

   | P.S. I will be using NetBSD soft RAID, no external/hardware controller.

Me too.

kre

I actually thought of that about 20 sec. after I hit send ;-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.