More prepping to install

Following up on a previous, somewhat lengthy, & very helpful-to-me thread, I have been reviewing the online docs on booting from RAID devices, specifically https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/netbsd.html#chap-rf-ex-raid1root. Section '16.3.2. Hardware Review' explicitly says NetBSD can only boot from RAID1 devices. It also seems to be a bit dated, referencing IDE drives & 32-bit install. Is this still true ? More precisely, can NetBSD 6.1.5 AMD64 boot from a RAID10 root filesystem ? In my original thread I had basically settled on slicing my 6 1 TB HDD's into 16 GB for / (2 slices, RAID1) or /usr (4 slices, RAID10), 16 GB for swap (6 slices, kernel driver), & the rest for /home (5 slices, RAID5) & /var (last remaining slice on last drive). Upon further pondering, I thought it might be slightly more flexible to combine the 2-element RAID1 / device & the 4 element RAID10 /usr device into 1 larger 6 element RAID10 device mounting root (/) with /usr contained therein, not as a separate RAID10 device. However, if NetBSD AMD64 cannot in fact boot from a RAID10, then I stay w/ my original layout. Does anyone know authoritatively if NetBSD 6.1.5 AMD64 can in fact boot from a RAID10 root partition ? TIA & have a nice day.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.