Re: dhcpcd / IPv6 question

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT & Internet) wrote:

Am 8. April 2015 14:40:14 MESZ, schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>:
I have tunnels from
sixxs, and aside from occasional POP issues they have been pretty
reliable.
With SIXX i have (sorry) very bad experiences - mainly regarding their support (just silence or no help in regaining an access to a misconfigured tunnel on SIXX side, inflexibility to just ignorance...) and partly their register policies. I wouldn't recommend it for applications require any kind of "reliability", but may OK for playing around with IPv6, where bandwidth and reliability are secondly or tertiary...

I think I understand - I filled out the sign-up form, and about four hours later I received a "rejection" notice. The reason given was (paraphrased) "give us complete details or don't bother to apply." Rather rude, even making allowances for their being from a different culture...

I've tried to resubmit my info to SixXS but I don't have much hope.

HEnet isn't really viable since I'm not only at a dynamic IP, but also behind a NAT box. So I'd really need someone running aiccu/ayiya to handle the tunnels (at least, this is what I understand).

A worst-case possibility is for me to set up my own OpenVPN tunnel back to a virtual machine I've got running in California. But I suspect that round-trip delays would make it nearly unuseable.

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |