Re: dhcpcd / IPv6 question

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015, Gary Duzan wrote:

=>I have no idea where the 2001:... and 2002:...entries came from...

  Those are standard routes; I have those, too.

OK, then I won't worry about them!

=>Any clue on how to get a valid IPv6 default route?

  I don't think you have a real IPv6 address yet. "ifconfig re0"
will most likely show a fe80::7a24:afff:fe3d:6410%re0 link local
address, which is generated from your MAC, but nothing else. It
looks like your router is IPv6 capable, but isn't actually providing
IPv6 service.

Ah, that makes sense. I do indeed have the link-local address as you surmised.

OK, then off to plan B - let's see if I can get a tunnel broker to work with my dynamic IP address. (Fixed/Static IP not available here in the Philippines for residential service, as far as I can tell.) (If that doesn't work, I'll just disable IPv6...)

Anyone got suggestions for a simple tunnel set-up?

| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |