From: netbsd-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost [netbsd-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost] on behalf of carsten.kunze%arcor.de@localhost [carsten.kunze%arcor.de@localhost]
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 02:25
To: netbsd-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Aw: Re: Re: Request to reconsider removal of groff from base system

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> mandoc(1) does not process roff.

Very simplified described it acts somehow like "nroff -mandoc ..." or "troff -mandoc ...".
There it understands a large subset of the nroff/troff language.
(Only a few useres need real nroff/troff for typesetting other documents than manpages.)

Carsten

Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain confidential or proprietary information to be conveyed solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or if you otherwise received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments, without reading or saving them in any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.