SMP in dom0

Hi,

I am working on a product where I would like to have SMP in dom0.
I have come across couple of forums, where it has been discussed, currently SMP is not supported in NetBSD in dom0 because back end drivers are not SMP safe.
Does it mean that, as kernel NetBSD is SMP compatible in dom0, it is the drivers who needs to be fixed to support SMP? How big is this effort, my team would like to support in making SMP functional in dom0.

Thanks and Regards,
Nagraj