Re: RE: Re: Re: Request to reconsider removal of groff from base system

On Tue 07 Apr 2015 at 13:57:45 +0200, carsten.kunze%arcor.de@localhost wrote:
> > Again this is an enhancement? Can mandoc handle tbl and pic input?
>
> It can handle tbl input. I'm not shure about pic but there may not be
> many manpages using pic.

Various X manual pages are mishandled in NetBSD 6. I looked though them
quicky and among them are Fc* with ".fi" in the formatted output
in the SYNOPSIS and here and there some missing other stuff:

FcConfigGetFonts(3)                                        FcConfigGetFonts(3)

NAME
       FcConfigGetFonts - Get config font set

SYNOPSIS
       #include <fontconfig.h>

       FcFontSet * FcConfigGetFonts(FcConfig *config);
       (FcSetName set);
       .fi

and XAllocSizeHints(3) and I think some other pages cntain mishandled
tables or somesuch:

STRUCTURES
       The XSizeHints structure contains:

       /* Size hints mask bits */

       #define   .el USPosition    (1L << 0)                                                  /* user specified x, y */
       #define   .el USSize        (1L << 1)

or for example XAllocWMHints(3):

STRUCTURES
       The XWMHints structure contains:

       /* Window manager hints mask bits */

       #define   .el InputHint          (1L << 0)
       #define   .el StateHint          (1L << 1)
       #define   .el IconPixmapHint     (1L << 2)

Either these pages are invalid mandoc or the formatter is not complete.
Either way something needs to be fixed.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'