Re: pf add not working

On Nov 28, 2014, at 11:12, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
> The biggest question is what to do with PF. It seems that some
> people still use it, but nobody is stepping up to maintain it. The
> code in the tree is too old and needs to be updated. Can someone
> from the people using it, please step up to the plate?

The only reason I still use PF is because it was what was recommended
for integration with ALTQ. As far as I can tell, altqd only supports
very simple configurations--you can only classify packets based on
src/dest addresses and protocol. I don't think you can use altqd to
prioritize TCP ACKs, for example (which helps greatly when on
asymmetric connections). And unless things have changed, npf doesn't
let you assign packets to ALTQ queues. Are there any plans for that?
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 39 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++