Re: pkgin fails to install in the install kernel

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 5:49 AM, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
It was using more than 640M of VM?

While I agree not having a failure reported as success would be the
top priority, the thought that it was using that much VM during
install is... scary.

What arch is this on? i386 has a set_swap() in sysinst to use
swapspace if less than 32M of ram, but amd64 does not... I suspect
that check should be made MI...

It was amd64, specifically from here:
ftp://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-7/201411140020Z/amd64/installation/cdrom/boot.iso

I just tried i386 from the same build date and unfortunately there is no pkgin for it yet so I didn't prove what you said.

I can test another version if that would be helpful.

Andy