Re: Click'n Format Install

On July 5, 2014 4:14:35 AM EDT, James Leone
<that_isridiculous%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>>I was reading this thread:
>>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2014/02/06/msg014023.html and
>>gave some thought about a framework in which to deliver NetBSD instant
>>gratification to the masses.

>>Click'n format could use cutting edge technologies like java script or
>>active X to instantaneously dd  an ISO image to hard drive clicking on
>>a link. The image should carry a light footprint such as to use minimal
>>bandwith, so perhaps just a kernel, a shell without auto-completion
>>bloat, VI and networking and lynx. The advanced version could save the
>>users hard disk in the cloud, retrievable for a nominal fee within a
>>few days.

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 10:27 PM, Eric Haszlakiewicz
<erh%nimenees.com@localhost> wrote:
> You're thinking too small.  I bet if you get "cutting edge" enough

> you could skip the click step and fully automate the process, and

> don't forget to include all of the user's friends computers too.

> I'm sure that if you streamline it enough noone will mind paying a

> fee to unlock their files.  ;)

> Eric

When great minds come together, nothing can stop NetBSD from living up to its
name.

However, this would necessitate administrative and package management schemas.
Perhaps /etc/MyClients.conf and /usr/remote/pkgdst respectively.

For security, perhaps /var/cron/stormtab programmed with some AI and
/etc/storm/target.conf

With these tools, NetBSD can create a great paradigm shift in the desktop
market by using programs that do one thing and do them well.