Re: Import sysupdate into NetBSD [was: Re: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying]

On Jan 19, 2014, at 09:31 , Brett Lymn <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 03:41:57PM +0100, Fredrik Pettai wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of good procedures of updating the base system, isn't it time to
>> import "sysupgrade" (pkgsrc/sysutils/sysupgrade) into the NetBSD now?
>
> Yes. sysupdate - Julian Fagir actually did some good work for the last
> Google Summer of Code.  We should be importing this.

(I've been using jmmv's sysupgrade for some time now, and that works good.
Updating NetBSD with it have becoming faster & simpler, saving time.)

I also tried to test sysupdate
(http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/jdf/5822463824887808)
However, it's not possible to simply test it by pointing it at the regular
NetBSD releases, as it requires extra data to be present on the ftp server
(referring to the mtree/<RELEASE>/set.XXX checksum files).

- I guess a modification to "build.sh distribution" needs be added that also
export the mtree dir + set files together with sets, to ease the distribution
of the releases then they are made available on the ftp.

- I also noted that "sysbackup soft" isn't working according to the usage
output you get from itself.
(however, "man sysbackup" indicates that there are more mandatory arguments
needed...)

- sysrollback(8) is mentioned in sysbackup(8), but it's not bundled with the
package (alias for sysbackup?)

- Tracking daily built releases (like netbsd-6) doesn't seem to work (although,
that's not a major goal for this tool)

Are there any updates/fixes that to sysupdate & sysbackup somewhere? (the
version I'm trying is 0.9)

What the next steps?

Re,
/P