Re: Break with - bad reloc address 0x0 in section .pdata

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 2:23 AM, Thomas Mueller
<mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost>wrote:

> DragonFly can see my hard-disk partitions but can't mount any, for
> whatever reason.

> Also, DragonFly gives me no Internet access on my hardware.

> DragonFly file systems seem to be unmountable/unreadable from FreeBSD and
> NetBSD.

> Accessing GPT partitions is easier in Linux and even better in FreeBSD.
>  Partitions can be labeled, nothing sneaky about partition/wedge numbering,
> and device nodes are created dynamically instead of having to be
> preallocated.

Justin Sherrill responded:

> Hammer filesystems won't be readable on other operating systems, and more's
> the pity.  If it's UFS1 and it's not readable, that's strange.

> A bug report for the network card with a dmesg, if possible, at
> bugs.dragonflybsd.org, would be helpful if you have the time for it.

DragonFly that I ran was dd'ed from a decompressed USB-stick image; I don't
think it had Hammer filesystem.

On MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard, with onboard Realtek 8111E Ethernet, there is a
bug in re driver with similar symptoms and messages on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and
DragonFly, though the Ethernet is recognized.  OK with Linux and NetBSD.

That motherboard also has onboard Atheros AR9271 quasi-USB wi-fi chip,
apparently supported by NetBSD-current.

For FreeBSD, I use Hiro H50191 USB-stick wireless adapter, works with driver
rsu, not supported so far in any NetBSD.

Tom