Re: Running dhcpd on bridge0

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 01:39:19AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:

> Why not just put the address on bnx0 instead?

Not sure in this instance but you wouldn't want to do that if you wanted
a truly isolated network segment but still want to configure the network
interfaces connected to that segment using DHCP.  It may be a bit
artificial in the real world but I did use this technique when setting
up a lab environment on top of xen for testing things like fail over
iscsi and clusters.  All the test nodes were cloned from a master
instance and I used DHCP to assign IP addresses on all the network
interfaces of the nodes so I wouldn't need to fiddle with each node
after the clone.  This meant I could dump the running nodes and re-clone
them when I wanted to start afresh.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com