Running dhcpd on bridge0

I need to run dhcpd on a NetBSD 6.1.3 system and have it listen on
bridge0.

Unfortunately, apparently the wondrous dhcpd program won't accept to
start when directed to an interface without an IP address.  And I
haven't been able to coax an NetBSD bridge interface to accept an IP
address.

Can this be done at all?  I'd rather not add an extra computer to act as
an DHCP server.

(The system is running NetBSD+Xen, and the DHCP server is just going to
be used for assigning non-routable IP addresses to virtualised guests.)

Torbjörn