Re: Scanning and printing on USB printer/scanner combination

=> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 20:05:21 +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
=>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:05:11PM +0100, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
=>> >
=>> > I just tried that, but according to the sane-usb(5) manpages, SANE
=>> uses
=>> > libusb on /dev/ugen* for USB access, however dmesg does not list any
=>> > devices that would be attached to the ugen driver. Is it possible to
=>> > disable ulpt0 in a readily compiled kernel? The machine is a headless
=>> > raspberry pi and ulpt doesn't have a kernel module so I'm guessing I
=>> > still need to recompile? Or can I still disable it via userconf(4) for
=>> > testing?
=>> >
=>>
=>> You can use  "boot -c" and disable the ulpt driver.
=>
=> The machine is completely headless though, so neither a monitor nor a
=> serial cable are attached. Doesn't "boot -c" need a console at boot?
=> Is there another way? (I have neither a HDMI cable nor a machine with a
=> serial port)

   I haven't tried it, but "man 5 boot.cfg" indicates that you can put a
userconf command in /boot.cfg and get the same effect.

   Good luck...

                                    Gary Duzan