Re: Scanning and printing on USB printer/scanner combination

Hello Thomas,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 21:59:29 +0100, Thomas Kaepernick wrote:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=sane/sane-backends.git;a=blob;f=backend/xerox_mfp.conf.in
> describes SAMSUNG CLX 3185 with usb 0x04e8 0x343d. What does dmesg say?

Nothing in dmesg, but according to usbdevs -v that's correct.

> In any backend manpages (e.g. sane_plustek(5)) are described how
> set /dev/file in the $BACKEND.conf. Ok, it is not in sane_xerox_mfp(5).
> If I were you I'd try it with /dev/ulpt0 in xerox_mfp.conf.

I just tried that, but according to the sane-usb(5) manpages, SANE uses
libusb on /dev/ugen* for USB access, however dmesg does not list any
devices that would be attached to the ugen driver. Is it possible to
disable ulpt0 in a readily compiled kernel? The machine is a headless
raspberry pi and ulpt doesn't have a kernel module so I'm guessing I
still need to recompile? Or can I still disable it via userconf(4) for
testing?

Best,

Moritz