the future of ALTQ

Is anyone else using ALTQ?  I am wondering if there are alternatives, or
if fixing altq to be more locking/mp-aware is a good plan (as part of
the general effort in the network stack).

It seems our copy of pf is getting a bit old, and if that's not going to
be maintained, perhaps altq config should use npf instead.

My group is not likely to have serious cycles to spend on this over the
next year, but might (or might not) later.  I'm mostly asking to see if
anyone else cares about this, or if we're the last people on the planet
using these QoS features in NetBSD :-)