Re: 6.1.3 - computer resets!

I think I'm seeing similar problems with 6.1.3 on i386.  In my case the system
hangs hard not long after coming up and with very little activity.  I've tried
breaking into DDB and forcing a crash dump but either I can't get into DDB or
when I do the crash dump doesn't complete.  This is with the GENERIC kernel.

This same hardware successfully runs NetBSD 5.1.2, Windows-XP, FreeBSD 9.2,
Kubuntu 14.04 and OpenSUSE 13.1 without any problems.  I suspected a hard disk
problem, but swapping out the hard drive didn't help.