Re: Installation fails because of 2 CD drives

Hi,

i had to give up on installing NetBSD to my real hardware,
because i cannot get input from the PS/2 keyboard.

After learning about the USB pendrive images, i gunzipped
NetBSD-6.1.3-amd64-install.img.gz onto an USB stick.
This boots up to the menu where i get asked about the
installation language.
But then the keyboard is still dead. No chance to proceed.

This keyboard is attached to the only PS/2 socket of
the machine. It works with the NetBSD boot loader (i.e.
the first menu that counts down 30 seconds). It works
with Debian GNU/Linux 6, FreeBSD 8, Open Solaris snv134,
and lots of Linux installation systems.

I tried whether unplugging the USB mouse would help. It did not.

Freddy Fisker and me made progress with porting libburn.
A first DVD-R session was burnt and is mountable.

NetBSD has a flaw, though, with ioctl(SCIOCCOMMAND) and
SCSI command MODE SENSE, which returns no error indication
but also 0 data bytes.
This happens with mode pages 01, 05, and 2A. Others were not tried.
Freddy runs NetBSD 6.1.2 on real hardware.

The drive is not to blame. We tested by booting RIPLinuX-13.7
on the same machine. Its pre-installed xorriso shows mode
page data comming from the drive (via libburn's Linux adapter).

I cannot reproduce the problem with my virtual NetBSD 6.1.3.

So where to report the problem ?
Is it worth reporting ?

(Where to report that "find" is addicted to an existing
 current working directory ?
 Do
   $ mkdir away && cd away
 In a different terminal:
   $ rmdir away
 In the first terminal
   $ find /usr
   find: .: No such file or directory
 The vanished directory "away" is not underneath /usr.
)

I like NetBSD after two weeks of virtual usage. Concise and
well behaved. Nevertheless, it could need some detail care.
(/usr/local in include and library path would be nice.)
I am willing to invest time.
Obviously the first step would be to get my keyboard working.
Where to ask for guidance ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas