Re: Install i386 or amd64?

Excerpt from Brett Lymn:

> In that case, why mention PAE at all?  There was pretty clear advice
> prior to your email recommending just running amd64.  Your message
> looked to be implying that i386/PAE was just as functional as amd64.
> This is not the case.

Not to argue that i386/PAE is just as functional as amd64, but having an i386
installation is useful for some applications that only work on 32-bit, such as
wine, though I believe there is early development for 64-bit.

I want to test and hopefully benefit from MS-Windows functionality, but this
does not bar having amd64 and i386 installations on different (GPT) partitions
or different drives.

I want to do that with FreeBSD (wine) and Linux where I'd have better chance of
success than with NetBSD.

Tom