Re: Little problem with local time.

On 01/15/2014 03:00 PM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Hello, I am using a Thinkpad X61 and I dual boot more than once a day
> between Windows 7 and Netbsd 6.1.2.
>
> I am not sure if the problem is due to the BIOS or any of the two OS
> but that's what happens. Both OS are configured for local time CET
> (GMT+1). If I sincronize any of the two OS to internet time (ntp) the
> clock will stay fine until I reboot into the other OS, in which case
> the clock will go back to GMT.
>
> If I manually set the BIOS to the correct time, when I boot again the
> clock goes to GMT+2.
>
> So I am not sure if I have to change anything else in the BIOS.
>
> Bear in mind that I use wi-fi, so I can't set ntpdate at boot because
> it would not connect (I've tried).
>
> Any suggestion to solve this little but fastidious issue is appreciated.

You can switch windows to use UTC for the real time clock, there as a
setting "RealTimeIsUniversal", which can be set via RegEdit.

It's mentioned in this thread a few answers down.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/does-windows-7-use-utc/e722ad92-a65b-4c0a-8c05-b8a84fb155d1

Lars