Re: Little problem with local time.

On 2014-01-15 06:00, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Hello, I am using a Thinkpad X61 and I dual boot more than once a day
between Windows 7 and Netbsd 6.1.2.

I am not sure if the problem is due to the BIOS or any of the two OS
but that's what happens. Both OS are configured for local time CET
(GMT+1). If I sincronize any of the two OS to internet time (ntp) the
clock will stay fine until I reboot into the other OS, in which case
the clock will go back to GMT.

If I manually set the BIOS to the correct time, when I boot again the
clock goes to GMT+2.

So I am not sure if I have to change anything else in the BIOS.

Bear in mind that I use wi-fi, so I can't set ntpdate at boot because
it would not connect (I've tried).

Any suggestion to solve this little but fastidious issue is appreciated.

The problem is that Windows actually keep the RTC in local time, while NetBSD keeps it in UTC. Last I looked, there was a kernel option to tell that the RTC was actually not on UTC, which will more or less help you, but there is no perfect solution.

        Johnny