Re: I need a tool to manipulate a large pdf file

    From: Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> [140105
10:12]
    On 5 January 2014 08:08, herbert langhans <w3%langhans.com.pl@localhost>
wrote:
    > For such cases I just convert the files with pdftotext. If its just a
    > single book it should not be a huge effort to split the resulting file
    > into one textfile a chapter - I would simply use a text editor.

    Thanks Herbert,
    after long searching (and by the way, how do you dig in all the
    available packages? I tried 'pkgin search pdftotext' but I couldn't
    find it) it looks like this application is both in:
     - converters/doc2html
     - print/poppler-utils
    As the former is much smaller package than the latter, are they the same
tools?
    Thanks
    --
    Ottavio

I am not absolutely sure, but xpdf might contain pdftotext. If you have
xpdf not installed, try this package.

herb langhans