Re: Bug in fluxbox-generate_menu?, was: Which lightweight window manager with menu auto-update?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 09:03:29AM -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Ottavio Caruso <
>> wrote:
>     On 14 November 2013 16:36, Hauke Fath <>
> wrote:
>     > On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:11:05 +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>     >> I am looking for a recommendation for a lightweight manager that can
>     >> update itself after installing new packages and doesn't list non
>     >> existent applications.
>     >
>     > icewm does that.
>     Installed icewm, no man page, odd!
>     The only application listed was xterm. I am not sure how to configure
>     this wm now.
>     > for all I know, pkgsrc does not maintain a list of (X11
>     > GUI) applications for window managers to peruse.
>     Yes, can you expand on this. I suspect window managers won't expect to
>     find applications in /usr/pkg, although it's in the $PATH.
>     Going to back to fluxbox, I had this error when trying to generate a menu:
>     fluxbox-generate_menu
>     touch: ${HOME}/.fluxbox/menuconfig: No such file or directory
>     Warning: I couldn't create ${HOME}/.fluxbox/menuconfig
>     Fatal error: can't create or write to ${HOME}/.fluxbox/menu
>     I researched on many forums and I thought it was a bug,
>     I then found this old bug report:
>     I believe the version of fluxbox shipped with pkgscr is an update of
>     older one and it's possible that a broken fluxbox-generate_menu has
>     been carried over.
>     Has anybody got a working copy of fluxbox and check if this is still
>     the case, before filling a bug report?
> I just did a make extract and don't see your issue.
> Try putting a -x on the /bin/sh in that script and get some more info.

Problem is in patches/patch-aa. It puts \ in from of $HOME and later it
isn't removed. If you remove this char from installed script, it will
work. Of course it would be better to improve the patch.

Daniel Horecki
BOFH since 1999.