Re: Which lightweight window manager with menu auto-update?

I think the OP is really looking for a DE (desktop enviroment).  While
it's true xx+dmenu will only list installed apps, from the OP's comments
it sounds like they aren't wanting all the tweaking - ie., dwm is
"configured" by re-compiling - and just want something you install once
and maybe change the desktop background on, that's it.  DEs aren't really
lightweight IMO but probably some are lighter than others; whatever Lubuntu
is using vs Unity for example.