Re: steam

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:59:54PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

> After it attempts to install running
> '~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam' actually opens an 'Updating Steam'
> dialog (in turquoise with green buttons), which downloads 206M, tries to
> extract and.... dies - with what appears to be "epoll_ctl failed with error
> 38"

IIRC you may need to force it to use gnu tar to do the unpacking, steam
just calls tar and on NetBSD that is our pax/tar and there is some funky
option they use that messes up.  You should be able to use ktruss to see
what it is doing.

I did manage to get steam installed and running on NetBSD quite a while
ago back when the only thing you could do was run dedicated game
servers.  If you get over the install humps is works fine... at least
for serving.

--
Brett Lymn
Staple Guns: because duct tape doesn't make that KerCHUNK sound - xkcd.com