Re: steam

On 16/10/2013 00:59, David Brownlee wrote:

> This is on NetBSD-6/amd64 with a selection of 32bit Linux compat libs.
> Its possible the Linux compat in -current is better... but I suspect
> even if steam ran most of the games would not, and anything which needed
> 3D would be... not fun.

I tried a while ago and managed to obtain almost 1GB of local data from
the server. Then they would only run up to a certain point, and I
haven't tried again since.

Some hardware+software combinations have really good 3D performance on
NetBSD. My last working setup was:
- modular Xorg from pkgsrc-2013Q1
- Mesa from pkgsrc-wip at version 7.8.x
- radeonhd Xorg driver
- ATI/AMD RadeonHD 4870

With this I got to play Quake III multihead, 3360x1050, with a constant
120fps IIRC.

> Still, I'm actually surprised it made it that far :)

Would be awesome to get it even farther :)

Cheers,
--
khorben